Several officers and members are raising questions how to deal with the
coronavirus sars-CoV-2 covid-19 epidemic/pandemic in TM business.
This email will summarize the District 95 recommendations.
Further updates will follow by email and on our District Website if there are important updates in the assessment of authorities.
The matter was discussed on the TI board level and Headquarters has announced to issue more information soon.
Generally, we recommend business as usual for meetings and events.
Additionally, we ask you and each officer to follow the following precautions:
1st Please check for daily updates and official recommendations
It’s important that you review and check the official statements daily.
Different recommendations may apply to your local city or administrative area.
Please be aware of this.
Here are the links to official websites with reliable information:
- DENMARK: SUNDHEDSTYRELSEN
- GERMANY: Robert Koch Institut
- SWEDEN: KRISINFORMATION
- NORWAY: NIPH
- USA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- UN: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
2nd Club Meetings, Area Conferences, Division Conferences
Currently, there is no general official authority statement which asks to cancel meetings or conferences.
There might be only a higher risk for big, international conferences with a lot of unknown visitors. This is not the case in our daily business.
Please check the local authorities if there is a different
Here are some recommendations on how to deal with the current situation.
Please ask all members and guests to have traveled to the risk areas to self-quarantine as recommended:
- China – Province Hubei (incl. Wuhan City) and other provinces in mainland China
- Italy – Regions Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy, Padua (City Vo), Piemonte, and Veneto
- Iran – Province Ghom, Teheran
- South Korea – Provinces Gyeongsangbuk-do (North-Gyeongsang)
Please ask all members/visitors who are sick participants to stay at home
Avoid The Toastmaster Handshake
We recommend avoiding the ‘Toastmaster Handshake’ temporarily
(only indicate the handshake or find another creative way of greeting)
These tools have been used and tested for working well even with 30-50 members.
There are 2 disadvantages:
– After the typical testing period, they ask for money.
– You have to invest some time in testing and rehearsal to use it properly for a meeting.
Online contests are currently not allowed
We keep you updated if this changes.
If you’re planning to provide food and drinks on Area and Division Conferences.
Please think about how to provide it with a minimum risk of spreading potential viruses.
E.g. Think about the way of serving, Disposable Dishware, Named Cups, etc.
3rd Self prevention – avoid spreading the virus
- Please wash your hands frequently using soap thoroughly for 20+ seconds.
- Please don’t touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth.
- Please use tissues when coughing or sneezing and through them immediately into the trash.
- If there is no tissue available use your elbows for cover, not your hands.
- Try to avoid touching frequently used objects with your hands (e.g. hand grips, door handles, shopping cart grips, etc.)
The official statements recommend not to use face masks if you are not infected.
This may even raise the risk of getting infected because they typically make you touch your face more frequently.
Let’s grow together!
Kind regards from Munich. Freundliche Grüße aus München.
District Director (2019/20)